Thursday, September 6, 2007

"Belief O Matic" survey


Doing this survey I was really shocked with my results. I scored 100 % mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants and reform Judaism 80%. I think what this survey is telling me is that i am a stronger Christian then a Judaism. I have always thought more strongly to my Jewish side than the Christian side. Another religion that i am near to are Liberal Quakers. I looked online and saw that Liberal Quakers believe in direct reward or punishment toward heaven and hell. God is love, love is eternal. http://selectsmart.com/RELIGION/LQ.html. I think the score is similar to my beliefs. I did not realize until after completing the survey that many religions have similar beliefs. It is strange to see how much similar things can be and when they are all practiced different ways. Also many of these religions i have never heard of, for example: New thought, Neo-Pagen, Bahai Faith, New Age, and so on. But it is very interesting to see other religions that do exist.

1. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (100%)
2. Liberal Quakers (92%)
3. Unitarian Universalism (89%)
4. New Thought (82%)
5. Reform Judaism (80%)
6. Neo-Pagan (73%)
7. Bahá'í Faith (73%)
8. New Age (73%)
9. Sikhism (69%)
10. Mahayana Buddhism (63%)
11. Scientology (57%)
12. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (56%)
13. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (56%)
14. Orthodox Judaism (55%)
15. Theravada Buddhism (55%)
16. Orthodox Quaker (54%)
17. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (50%)
18. Jehovah's Witness (50%)
19. Hinduism (46%)
20. Eastern Orthodox (46%)
21. Roman Catholic (46%)
22. Islam (42%)
23. Jainism (40%)
24. Secular Humanism (37%)
25. Seventh Day Adventist (32%)
26. Taoism (27%)
27. Nontheist (14%)

3 comments:

Susan De George said...

How did you answer the question that comes up (I can't remember the exact terms they use in the survey) about whether God has ever been found in a person/people? That may be the question that scores you higher on Christianity than Judaism.

Karen said...

Hey,
I agree with you there are many religions that have similar beliefs. Sometimes when people are talking about them it is hard to differentiate them because the differences are so minuet. But I think that there was a lot of people that were shocked with their results I know I was shocked myself.

Rich said...

It must have been very interesting to grow up in a 2 religion family. I would think you would be very understanding and tolerant. In some ways I envy your exposure to different thoughts and ideas from such a young age.