I live over the Tappan Zee Bridge in Pomona. It is about a 10-15 min drive from the Bridge. In my community we have mainly Catholic, protestant and Jewish. Mostly Catholic people live around here. My neigborhood is "dead". As you drive around I rarely see people outside. Only a few people i see almost all the time. It seems as if they have busy scheduales ( as do I) and might be distracted with cleaning their houses, their life styles. Some spiritual issues that my community deals with is that they are all to themselves; very quiet and not very socialable. My family we interact with some of our neighbors. A solution for the problem would be for someone to gather around during a holiday and get to know everyone.
I am having trouble with pictures and stuff to be added to my blog because my computer acts up everytime i try to.
Monday, October 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Nice clear identification of the issue (which I think is a problem in more than your community). But, putting Buddhist principles into effect, what kind of discourse (it doesn't have to be pictures, it could just be a speech) would you give? What specifically would you say in int?
I agree with you that your community should all get together around the Holidays to get to know one another.That would be such a great idea and maybe from doing that your community will become more lively.
That sounds like a great idea. You could set up a block party. Pick a day (or holiday) in the summer and have people bring food and play games. After people spend some time together they become friendlier.
Post a Comment